Re: IETF privacy policy - update

A few more privacy policies for comparison:

ISO -- http://www.iso.org/iso/support/privacy_policy.htm
IEEE -- http://www.ieee.org/security_privacy.html?WT.mc_id=hpf_priv

Note that IEEE uses a "layered" notice to some extent, which is fairly popular among privacy policy authors these days -- a layered policy shows the essential information on one page or at the top of the page and includes links to other pages or sections with further information. That could certainly be an option for the IETF.

IEEE also includes a section on law enforcement requests for data.

In my strawman, I was aiming to be as comprehensive as possible on the theory that it would be easier to take things out than to dig them up and add them later. I used a few models (most obviously CDT's policy -- http://cdt.org/content/privacy-policy) and cribbed some language directly from the ISOC policy.

Alissa