Re: IETF privacy policy - update

On Jul 7, 2010, at 10:11 PM, joel jaeggli wrote:

> Do some people not come because attendance is a matter of public record?

Frankly, if people are not attending for that reason and that reason alone, I have some questions. I would have to assume it is the only forum in the world in which they expect that level of anonymity, which raises the question of whether it is a rational expectation.

Walking into an ITU meeting, I have to show a passport and have a permanent photographic record taken. If I want to participate in RIPE's general meeting, I have to register, and I can expect to find myself in RIPE's attendee list. That is true in a wide variety of places.

- ?