Re: Confirming vs. second-guessing

On Mar 17, 2008, at 10:05 PM, Lixia Zhang wrote:

> Call me an idealist:), I personally believe, generally speaking, it
> is better to put everything on the table, rather than partial info,
> between nomcom and confirming body.
>
> Step up a level: wonder where this discussion is leading to?
> Exactly how to revise 3777?

It sounds like you would rather get rid of the nomcom and have the
confirming body do the work from the start.

I have heard it said that the IETF, in the most recent discussion
that failed up update that portion of what we now call 3777, had a
90/10 consensus and didn't come to a perfect consensus. I think we
have to say what the role and reach of the confirming body is, which
may require us to think hard about what it means to have "rough
consensus".