Re: Required doc sections (Re: [saag] Next step on web phishing draft(draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-05.txt))

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Thomas Narten wrote:
>>> Agreed. In my experience, the IANA does not want the I-D to contain a
>>> section entitled "IANA Considerations" if there are no actions required
>>> of the IANA.
>> Your experience does not match what IANA has stated numerous
>> times. Please see section 6.1 of
>> draft-narten-iana-considerations-rfc2434bis-07.txt, which contains
>> text that IANA has a large part in crafting.
>
> By "my experience" I mean for example RFC 3922; during Auth48 or
> thereabouts I was told that the IANA didn't want the document to include
> an "IANA Considerations" section since there were no actions required of
> the IANA. But perhaps that was a miscommunication.

Oh, and for what it's worth I agree with the policy of requiring an
"IANA Considerations" section even if there are no actions required of
the IANA, since I think it is best to be explicit about such matters.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/