Re: text suggested by ADs

Let me restate for clarity - ADs aren't necessarily more technically
astute than *all* the rest of us.  That is, we need to be careful that
technical input from ADs isn't automatically assigned extra weight or
control (veto power).

Which is why I suggest ADs provide technical input in open mailing lists
during last calls, to make sure their technical input is on the same
footing as everyone else's technical input.  I agree that the IESG's job
is to ensure correctness, completeness, etc.  That feedback should be
provided earlier, in an open forum.

If a particular AD doesn't have cycles to monitor every last call - and,
as the AD has to review the doc and to a technical review, anyway, I'm
not sure monitoring last call discussions would consume many more cycles
than the current process - the AD could call on an expert or a
directorate to participate in the open process.

But, I'm indulging in generating solutions rather than identifying
problems.  I guess the problem I see is separating technical analysis
from process management...

- Ralph