text suggested by ADs

> So, as a recipient of a DISCUSS, I've learned the hard way that the
> easiest way to resolve a DISCUSS is to ask the IESG member for the
> exact text they want added and be done with it.  I don't think this is
> the correct way to do things, but after working on a document for x
> number of years and trying to push it through the last mile, often
> document editors just want to get it done.

When, as sometimes happens, everybody is happy with the suggested text,
that process works well.  We get closure on the issue in a short time.

The problem is when authors or WGs demand that the IESG provide
text that resolves a thorny technical problem.  Sometimes the IESG
needs to say "no, you can't do X, and it's your job - not ours - to
find a different way to solve that problem".  IESG is in a much better
position to find technical flaws than to craft delicate compromises
between competing interests.  And sometimes it is counterproductive
for the AD to suggest a compromise even when he has an idea for
something that might work -as WG participants will fight an idea from
an AD more than they would fight the same idea from one of their own.

Keith