[Last-Call] Re: Genart last call review of draft-daley-gendispatch-venue-requirements-02

Thanks Toerless

> Nitpicking on the working just because i think this is a really
> important point.
>
> I would suggest to tone this down to "stronger" instead of "strong".
> Even when the Hotel itself was hosting the IETF, i've seen the communal
> benefits to participants vary widely on setup of the hotels of bar, restaurant
> etc. pp.

The full phrase is "tends to build a strong" which I think captures the variability vs the underlying trend.

> For example, admittedly the Hilton in SF is IMHO a lot better in its setup
> than the one in Prague in this respect, even though i am not a fan of going to
> SF (too expensive for what it's worth - seemingly the owner of the Hilton
> had to figure out the very same thing ;-)).
>
> Ultimately i guess that the best communal effect is had if/when we do
> have the largest possible best-affordable IETF block in the conference
> hotel. Aka: Even a great conference hotel doesn't help if the mayority
> of young, energetic - and likely underpaid - IETF participants have to go to
> a different hotel. Even if just because the drinks are too expensive in the
> Hotel.
>
> So yeah. A bit of a conundrum, which alas has gotten worse with rising
> prices in most places.

Thanks for the analysis. I don’t think this document needs to get into that level of detail.

cheers
Jay

> Cheers
>    Toerless

>>> These are two separate points that appear at two different places
>>> in the text.  In their context they make sense.
>>
>> Ok, as long as you believe that people will read the whole text
>> rather than skimming or skipping around in some way that would lead
>> to confusion (I think probably a reasonable assumption in this case).
>> thanks.
>>    john
>>
>> --

Jay Daley