Re: SMTP and IPv6

It appears that Gary E. Miller  <gem@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
>I've been told that lack of IPv6 progress at AWS is a controverial issue
>there internally.  As in: open your mouth and risk your career.

I have some web servers at Amazon EC2 with both IPv4 and IPv6
addresses. For that application their IPv6 support is excellent and
easy to use. They have recently adjusted their pricing so that virtual
machines are somewhat cheaper if they have no external IPv4 address
and just an IPv6 address.

But that is completely irrelevant to our problem which involves
sending mail at scale, what SES does. While I have no great insight
into AWS' internal operations, I expect the reason that SES doesn't
support IPv6 is that it would he a lot of work (way more than just
turning on a few IP addresses) and nobody cares. You can deliver 100%
of your mail over IPv4, and that will continue to be true for a long
time.

R's,
John