Re: [Last-Call] [art] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-jmap-contacts-06

On 8. Apr 2024, at 15:56, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think Bron covered the more substantive part of this but it seems
> to me that, if our model is that AD review after publication is
> requested followed by IETF Last Call are actually the first points at
> which we expect the IESG and the broader community to carefully
> review the document, this is no such thing as a too-heavy late change
> if those reviews spot a non-trivial deficiency or other problem.

I wasn’t talking about this particular document (which indeed needs to be under IETF change control), but about the stack of documents derived from other documents which were derived from a third document describing a thriving ecosystem.
Significant fundamental new work cannot be started locally in one of the multi-level-derived documents, but must be scoped so it is beneficial for the entire ecosystem.

Grüße, Carsten