Re: [Last-Call] [art] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-jmap-contacts-06

On 8. Apr 2024, at 06:06, Bron Gondwana <brong=40fastmailteam.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I suggest saying something like this in the security considerations:
>
> […] SHOULD […]

The security considerations section is not the place to make normative statements about the protocol.
What *is* the security consideration that would lead to such a set of statement?

(I also think that this would be a rather heavy late change of the protocol.
Has the "Freeform Class as defined in PRECIS” been examined to actually be useful for this application?
[Quick, does it say all the right things about bidirectional strings for contact information?]
Why is the server only to be restricted about setting “names" while the client is restricted about displaying any strings?)

Grüße, Carsten