Re: [Last-Call] [art] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-jmap-contacts-06

Is there a conclusion that we need to make any kind of change here? I'm not really sure. To be clear:

The "name" property of the AddressBook object […] "may be any UTF-8 string of at least 1 character in length and maximum 255 octets in size."

This text is purely about putting a restriction on the length; it can't be more than 255 octets when encoded as UTF-8. It could perhaps be worded better, although this is the wording we used in previous documents and so I was just being consistent.

The topic of whether there should be more restrictions is on the String data type is an interesting one. In practice servers may well implement more restrictive policies, but if there was a good profile we could point to, we could perhaps say "servers MUST allow [PROFILE X]-compliant strings". I doubt this will actually make a real world change to implementations though personally. Ultimately…