Re: very secret, was Approaching the IETF - A View from Civil Society

Thanks for changing the subject line, Brian. I’m just here to add that this topic is specifically dealt with in the Note Well/RFC 5378/BCP 78, Section 5.2 [1],

   No information or document that is subject to any requirement of
   confidentiality or any restriction on its dissemination may be
   submitted as a Contribution or otherwise considered in any part of
   the IETF Standards Process, and there must be no assumption of any
   confidentiality obligation with respect to any Contribution.  Each
   Contributor agrees that any statement in a Contribution, whether
   generated automatically or otherwise, that states or implies that the
   Contribution is confidential or subject to any privilege, can be
   disregarded for all purposes, and will be of no force or effect.

The authors did not add <drops mic> but they might as well have.

—John

[1] https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5378.html#section-5.2