Re: [117attendees] Making meeting attendance more affordable

On 31-Jul-23 15:58, Chris Morrow wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jul 2023 03:29:53 +0000,
Kaliya Identity Woman <kaliya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
Intimating that people who can't find low-cost hotels near the venue are
not capable of "adulting" doesn't help.

ok, so the expectation in this year 2023 is that people
can't operate one of the many websites which offer 'the ability
to reserve a hotel room' in a location which is clearly marked.

Actually, if you're dealing with grad students from another
country, for example, you can't assume people are accustomed
to reserving accommodations, while avoiding scams and ripoffs.
I think that at the cheap end of the market, using one of those
web sites is a good way to end up somewhere you really don't want
to be. So I think advice from the local host about which cheap
options are safe and decent is essential.

   Brian