Re: [117attendees] Making meeting attendance more affordable

On 28 Jul 2023, at 13:04, Keith Moore wrote:

> On 7/28/23 15:32, Colin Perkins wrote:
>
>> The ACM/IRTF Applied Networking Research Workshop has co-located with the July IETF meetings for the past eight years. It's a peer-reviewed academic workshop, organised by IRTF and ACM SIGCOMM, with proceedings published in the ACM Digital Library (https://irtf.org/anrw/). One of our key goals in creating this workshop was exactly to provide a venue that allows academics to attend IETF.
>
> Good to know.  Thanks!
>
> (maybe it could use more visibility within IETF?)

It's on the IETF agenda, and the blue sheets show around 150 attendees this time. Those attendees had a special ANRW ribbon on their badge that made it quite visible that it was taking place. Previous meetings have had signage outside the room.

The ANRW is also regularly mentioned during the IRTF report in the plenary and in the IRTF Open Meeting.

I'm open to suggestions for how to further improve visibility.

Colin