Perks for chairs (Re: Making meeting attendance more affordable)

On 2023-07-27, at 19:15, Marie-Jose Montpetit <marie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think that chairs by default should be given free registration. We spend countless hours on IETF/IRTF issues.

At first blush, I'd think so, too (of course :-)

But seriously, I wouldn’t want the deliberation of “who would make the best chairs” to be overlaid by the thought “who needs that support most to be able to participate”.

Oh, and WG/RG document authors need free registration too (of course :-).
(“Whose document should we adopt so the authors can continue to participate.”)
Maybe only the first author.
(“Do we need to split this WG/RG document so another one of the authors can be first on the other one and continue to participate.”)

You see where I think this leads...

Grüße, Carsten