Re: [Last-Call] OT: change BCP 83 [Re: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins]

ty. den 04. 10. 2022 klokka 09.00 (+1300) skreiv Brian E Carpenter:
> On 04-Oct-22 08:04, Toerless Eckert wrote:
> > - There is no clear explicit list of what is in evidence, instead we are asked to find that
> >    evidence ourselves from long mailing lists, not knowing how far back judgements where made.
>
> Huh? The Last Call messages includes an explicit list of example messages, which in my opinion are sufficient on their own.

In that case I will submit an emphatic "no support" to the motion.  I
have read these messages, as well as refreshing on the entirety of the
thread on "IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language".

Nadim Kobeissi summed it up well in
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/XKikRaujzMZw7-tkz7WnQHbB2mk/

His concluding remark from that message

> This entire topic is harmful to the IETF’s collective psychology and
> its ability to collaborate. The IESG should follow its mandate and
> stop sowing discord among IETF members with these unnecessary,
> tribalistic and mentally troubled topics. This discussion as a whole
> has been nothing but a net harm to the IETF, and is causing
> quantifiable damage to the ability of its members to work together to
> produce a more performant, secure and indeed inclusive Internet.

This BCP is just one more step towards this splintering.

--
venleg helsing,
Kjetil T.