Re: Harassment, abuse, accountability. and IETF mailing lists

On 6/11/22 18:12, Joel Halpern wrote:

If I am reading your email correctly, most of your concern is about the vague definition and vague applicaiton of "rude".

As far as I know, the terms of reference use terms like "personal attack" and other descriptions which are much less vague.  We tend to use "rude" as the shorthand for the discussions of the topic rather than reciting the defintions and descriptions in the RFCs.

Do you see the RFCs referring to "rude"?

I'm mostly responding to Jay here.   But the RFCs use derivatives of "[un]professional" which are equally problematic.

Keith