Re: Harassment, abuse, accountability. and IETF mailing lists

On 6/6/22 04:20, tom petch wrote:

I saw an apology for the use of '...considered harmful' recently and was suprised that that phrase was .. well considered harmful

This makes me wonder: how is making a reference to a letter that's rather famous in Computer Science history any different that referring to any established technical term or concept? Granted not absolutely everyone will have heard of that letter, but is it really hostile to newcomers to use well-established language of the subject domain that we work in when that language isn't, say, sexist or racist?   Is it hostile to newcomers to refer to the end-to-end principle?

Keith