Re: the introduction problem, was Email and reputation (was Re: Service outages planned for April 25)

According to Vittorio Bertola  <vittorio.bertola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>I see this as one of the many manifestations of possibly the biggest shortcoming in the original design of the Internet's architecture, i.e. not having an
>"identity layer" taking care of user authentication and information sharing in a uniform way below all application protocols

While that might be useful for other reasons, it wouldn't solve the
spam problem. It just replaces the spam problem with the introduction
problem, with a side helping of the identity theft problem. There is
no reason to believe those are easier than the spam problem.

R's,
John

PS: Please don't say e-postage.
--