Re: [Manycouches] Think outside the box - Re: Want to be on the IESG?

On 13/10/2021 15:54, Toerless Eckert wrote:
manycouches had many couch potatoes arguing for many many years to
have at least one virtual-only IETF per year, even if just as an
experiment. I do not remember a single AD thinking outside of a box
to push for such an experiment.

I don't think that's accurate. It's fair to say that
we didn't make real progress on attempting to only
meet twice in any year before covid, but there were
a bunch of ADs among those considering the issues,
(incl. me back then.) Just because the IESG doesn't
manage to succeed in figuring stuff out does not mean
that the IESG didn't try so I'd cut the current leadership
some slack before accusing them of being unable to
think outside whatever boxes are perceived to exist.

S.