Re: Want to be on the IESG?

On 2021-10-07, at 16:51, Salz, Rich <rsalz=40akamai.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would say no person can serve in a nomcom-chosen position for more than four years in a row; there must be at least a one-year gap.  No exemptions.

I don’t think we can afford discarding all these potential Human Resources, if only for a year.

Instead, the spirit of this could be developed as IETF consensus and communicated to the noncom.  They would still know when to stick with that simplistic rule and when it doesn’t work.  Do the right thing.

Grüße, Carsten