Re: Want to be on the IESG?

>    I do agree with Rich's concern about having to stand multiple times and have
>    conversations with management multiple times.

Thanks.

>    This would be easier if the IESG load was lower.
>    Recent trends in the IESG seem to have gone in the opposite direction.

Making the AD job smaller has been mentioned, but there are other ways, including adding more Area Directors, splitting the Areas up smaller, stopping the semi-automatic renewal of an AD for a second term and probably others.  There are reasons, some of them valid, for not doing any of this. But not doing anything is going to lead to increasing ossification as we've already seen in the surveys and such.  And we know the IETF hates ossification.