Re: [Last-Call] Benjamin Kaduk's Discuss on draft-crocker-inreply-react-08: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

On 3/4/2021 12:41 AM, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
    2.  If R's In-Reply-To: does reference one, then check R's message
        content for a part with a "reaction" Content-Disposition header
        field, at either the outermost level or as part of a multipart
at
        the outermost level.

This means a forwarded message will*not*  get its embedded reactions
processed.  Well, forwarded messages will typically not have I-R-T set,
but if a message includes previous correspondence as an attached MIME
document.

Not 'typically'. A forwarded message is not a reply. So I'm not sure how this is a problem.

In any event, if there is no In-reply-to: field, then this specification is not relevant to that message.

However, In-reply-to in messages in the attached
correspondence will get their reactions processed if they are at the
correct relative level in the structure.

Let's see whether I understand, with an example meant to be more interesting than the one in the specification: