Re: [Last-Call] Benjamin Kaduk's Discuss on draft-crocker-inreply-react-08: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

On 3/3/2021 12:01 PM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
Documents published on the IETF stream require IETF Consensus.

If we are still arguing over what text to include relating to issues for
which there is no prior discussion and prior determination of consensus,
how can there be IETF consensus?

Except that we weren't still arguing.

The feeding frenzy only began because a couple of people made private comments to the IESG. One was pressed to go public. My impression is that the other had not intended their concerns to go public.

That private comments to the IESG are not automatically surfaced, in some fashion, for public resolution, is a process point the IESG and the IETF might want to consider, so that a frenzy like this happens at a more reasonable point.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking