Re: [Last-Call] New Version Notification for draft-crocker-inreply-react-07.txt

On 2/27/2021 6:57 PM, Ricardo Signes wrote:
Thanks, this is a great point.  I believe we must specify that the emoji provided in the reaction are not a string, but a set (or multiset, I suppose).  Without this, the advice to drop individual illegal emoji candidates is dangerous!

And, indeed, the even-more-recent draft that will be submitted how has added to Section 2:

Note:
The part-content can first be parsed into candidate reactions, separated by wsp. Each candidate reaction that does not constitute a single emoji-sequence (as per [Emoji-Seq]) is invalid. Invalid candidates can be treated individually, rather than affecting the remainder of the part-content's processing . The remaining candidates form the set of reactions to be processed. This approach assumes use of a mechanism for emoji sequence validation that is not specified here.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking