Re: Diversity of candidates was Re: NomCom 2020 Announcement of Selections

On 1/26/21 3:50 PM, Michael StJohns wrote:

Actually, I'd probably approach C or S suite folk at the larger companies for the same reason I didn't suggest approaching the smaller companies:  Basically, if you've got a company population of 5-10K or more and are sending 20-30 people, there's a good chance that if asked nicely, we might get a few others from that company of different demographics, especially if the C or S folk influence company policy.

While I think the above reasoning is sound as far as it goes, IMO the last thing IETF needs is even heavier participation from Big Companies.   That doesn't increase diversity, it increases oligarchy.

Keith