Re: Diversity of candidates was Re: NomCom 2020 Announcement of Selections

Hi,

(Same disclaimer, speaking for myself)

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 04:45:17PM -0500, Michael StJohns wrote:
And - please avoid the somewhat insulting inferences of what I meant -

I am sorry for the offense I apparently caused.

I suggested your participation as the person who selects the Nomcom chair, not for any desire to have the ISOC be funding AD and IAB positions.

I see.  I think it would be inappropriate for the person who selects the nomcom chair to be involved in activities that attempt to adjust what the nomcom evaluates, because it might appear to be an attempt to put a finger on the scale.  So I think it would not be advisable for me to be involved in this activity.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx