Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

On 8/9/20 4:50 PM, Salz, Rich wrote:
      Yet you are of the opinion that there are "exclusionary words" in RFCs
     and we have to do something about it. Huh. OK, let me try another tact.

Sure.  I have an opinion; the IETF doesn't have consensus yet.

  I didn't ask whether we have consensus. Consensus will just determine
whether enough other people agree with you that there are "exclusionary
words" in RFCs. I asked you what is it about those words that you think
are "exclusionary" that makes them "exclusionary".

  In meetings we try to test consensus with a hum. So you're basically
refusing to hum until you find out how the humming went. Come on Rich.
Suddenly you're so shy?

  Dan.