Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

On 8/8/20 10:38 PM, Nico Williams wrote:
> I'm asking for evidence that we have a problem.  I'm quite aware that
> there are RFCs that use various terms some/many consider offensive, but
> I expect most of those are long in the past, and have to do with DNS.

Well, if you actually look at the file that Fred provided, you'll
find 34 8000-series RFCs (that series is obviously incomplete), 36
7000-series RFCs, 41 6000-series RFCs, 34 5000-series RFCs, 28
4000-series RFCs, 27 3000-series RFCs, 32 2000-series RFCs, 18
1000-series RFCs, 33 current working group drafts, and 42
individual drafts.  "Master secret" is, of course, used quite
heavily in TLS and TLS-related documents as one example of non-DNS
use.

I have no idea whether or not that constitutes a problem as you
understand it because I don't know how you define "problem" in this
context.  At any rate, the data are there and in a format that can be
easily searched, sorted, and summarized.

Melinda

--
Melinda Shore
melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx