Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

On 8/8/20 5:36 AM, Lloyd Wood wrote:
https://cdt.org/insights/pushing-internet-standards-governing-body-ietf-to-tackle-discriminatory-and-exclusionary-terminology/

“helps ensure that white supremacy has no quarter”

a quarter of a century ago, PPP was the biggest issue facing the IESG. Now, it seems that that has been replaced by the KKK.

  It's been replace by the specter of the KKK, which systemically lurks
committing micro-aggressions.

  As Thomas Sowell said last year:

      "Racism is not dead but it is on life support-- kept alive by
       politicians, race hustlers, and people who get a sense of
       superiority by denouncing others as 'racists.'"

Progress?

  For those who want to keep racism alive on life support I think it is.
For everyone else, no, absolutely not.

  Dan.

Lloyd Wood
lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Saturday, August 8, 2020, 21:06, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Alissa,
At 02:22 PM 07-08-2020, Alissa Cooper wrote:
>Actually I'd like to suggest something different before anyone else
>responds, and that is to put this thread and the other related
>threads to the side for now. We had a productive if short discussion
>of draft-knodel-terminology-03 in the GENDISPATCH session last week.
>The authors have some action items, and there is likely to be
>further discussion of this topic at a future GENDISPATCH interim. As
>I said at the mic during the session, email discussion on this topic
>does not seem to be helping the discussion progress. Let's give it a
>rest and those interested in the topic can reconvene when the
>GENDISPATCH interim gets scheduled.

There was a practice to confirm working group decisions on the
mailing list.  I could not find any message pertaining to that in the
relevant mailing list archives.  What are the actions items?

I read a blog post published by the Center of Democracy and
Technology about the draft.  Prior to that, I asked whether the draft
was about etymology and the response was that it was about
"power".  I could not find that listed as an objective or
non-objective in the slides.

Would the email discussion be better if it was structured and managed?

Regards,

S. Moonesamy