Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020, Dan Harkins wrote:

  If we allow the listener to decide whether the speaker's words are shitty
(and that their ambient shittiness needs to be reduced-- I know what you
mean here in your impreciseness and I would appreciate it if you were to
say it explicitly) we will further empower victimhood.

Your proposed action could literally be the example in the dictionary
for the word "bullying":

	seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce (someone perceived as vulnerable).

Paul