Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

Hi Alissa,
At 02:22 PM 07-08-2020, Alissa Cooper wrote:
Actually I'd like to suggest something different before anyone else responds, and that is to put this thread and the other related threads to the side for now. We had a productive if short discussion of draft-knodel-terminology-03 in the GENDISPATCH session last week. The authors have some action items, and there is likely to be further discussion of this topic at a future GENDISPATCH interim. As I said at the mic during the session, email discussion on this topic does not seem to be helping the discussion progress. Let's give it a rest and those interested in the topic can reconvene when the GENDISPATCH interim gets scheduled.

There was a practice to confirm working group decisions on the mailing list. I could not find any message pertaining to that in the relevant mailing list archives. What are the actions items?

I read a blog post published by the Center of Democracy and Technology about the draft. Prior to that, I asked whether the draft was about etymology and the response was that it was about "power". I could not find that listed as an objective or non-objective in the slides.

Would the email discussion be better if it was structured and managed?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy