Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

>  Indeed perhaps the
    institution of prior restraint of speech

There are certain words that society thinks are not good. For example, on this list, if someone says "Rich that is really stupid, go f--k off" that might cause the SAA to contact the poster. Is that prior restraint of speech as well?  Or is that phrase being used to mark things you just don't agree with?
Are you opposed to all evolution of language?  If not, how do you think it happens?

We don't know who is not here contributing. We have anecdotal evidence that some find if off-putting. Some of that is reaction to the community reaction when changes are proposed.