If the question is how things get into the list at all, that is one question, and not something we have to be particularly limited about. My reading of other notes was that the question was things marked with a "*".

Yours,
Joel

On 7/26/2020 12:26 AM, Carsten Bormann wrote:
On 2020-07-26, at 04:32, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

that
the abbreviation be well-known and immediately obvious to anyone
with a significant Internet technical or operational background
and experience.

Hmm, I think the intersection between people knowing what RSVP-TE is, what JSON is, and what RSASSA-PSS is may be smaller than you think.  That bar is a bit high.  I would expect this to be limited to the target group for the specific RFC (which by the way in some cases isn’t “anyone with a significant Internet technical or operational background and experience”).

Grüße, Carsten