Re: RFC abbreviations list

On 2020-07-26, at 04:32, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> that
> the abbreviation be well-known and immediately obvious to anyone
> with a significant Internet technical or operational background
> and experience.

Hmm, I think the intersection between people knowing what RSVP-TE is, what JSON is, and what RSASSA-PSS is may be smaller than you think.  That bar is a bit high.  I would expect this to be limited to the target group for the specific RFC (which by the way in some cases isn’t “anyone with a significant Internet technical or operational background and experience”).

Grüße, Carsten