Re: USA dominion: Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 01:45:44PM -0700, Joseph Touch wrote:

> > On Jul 25, 2020, at 1:40 PM, Toerless Eckert <tte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > For example, one could create a questionaire about language used in RFCs
> > and pass that to all ISOC chapters for feedback, and then analyze that feedback.
>
> ISOC chapters have little to nothing to do with RFCs.

What do you mean ? If i join an ISOC chapter, i am not allowed anymore to read RFCs ?

Or have no opinions about what technical words would most likely be desirable
for network engineers in my country (RFC text terms matching other educational material
for example) ? Or whether avoiding specific words isin RFC would be seen as culturally
benefical in my country ?

The IETF community is not the customer (readers of RFCs), even though we are a subset
of it. All i am saying is that if you change the product you should be interested
to understand what the customer thinks. How would you propose to do that ?

Cheers
   Toerless

--
---