Re: WG Review: Stay Home Meet Only Online (shmoo)

To your point:

On Jul 16, 2020, at 8:58 AM, Spencer Dawkins at IETF <spencerdawkins.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But my point was intended to be - once any given IESG slate is confirmed, the community doesn't work for the IESG, although we cooperate with individual area directors and with the IESG as a whole in our work.

IMO, the IESG is has more positive influence than you note in creating WGs and controlling agendas. I.e., they appear to be able to nearly unilaterally create/modify these.

It also has quite a bit of negative influence, as I noted in affecting docs.

However, I do agree that the IESG has no power to push work on anyone. So basically they - AFAICT - have nearly complete reign over planning but can only interfere with execution.

Joe