Re: Correcting an incorrect assertion. Was: Re: delegationmechanism...

ICANN may receive information from vendors, for example, that is considered
proprietary - that deserves protection as much as personnel information.

An enormous amount of ICANN material is published on the web - more, I imagine,
than a great many other non-profit organizations.

vint

At 06:46 PM 8/1/2002 -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
>these are details of yet another cat fight into which icann has
>wandered in its ever-unsatisfied desire for pool-pah.  i was trying
>to look above that.  what fiscal or procedural matters of icann
>(other than personnel data, which are usually well-protected
>anyway) preclude simple transparency?  why don't you just simply
>publish the stuff at a detailed level on the web [0]?

Vint Cerf
SVP Architecture & Technology
WorldCom
22001 Loudoun County Parkway, F2-4115