Re: Correcting an incorrect assertion. Was: Re: delegation mechanism...

>> so tell me, vint.  maybe i am bit slow here, but.  as icann is a
>> shepherd of the public trust, other than personnel data, which are
>> obviously confidential, why is icann not fiscally and procedurally
>> transparent?  why did there need to be any of this pool-pah in the
>> first place?  was there a critical shortage of controversy?
> karl's initial request was for unlimited access (fine) AND
> ability to release without limit any material he saw fit. ICANN
> responded with a procedure to protect confidentiality. Karl never
> took advantage of that (others did) but instead sued. I would
> note that his position as to access/release changed, at least as
> I understand it, after the suit was filed.

these are details of yet another cat fight into which icann has
wandered in its ever-unsatisfied desire for pool-pah.  i was trying
to look above that.  what fiscal or procedural matters of icann
(other than personnel data, which are usually well-protected
anyway) preclude simple transparency?  why don't you just simply
publish the stuff at a detailed level on the web [0]?

randy

---

[0] - e.g. afnog's financial *details*, not summary, down to the
      dollar are on a public web site.  e.g.
      <http://www.nsrc.org/AFNOG-2000-Final.html>
      <http://www.nsrc.org/AFNOG-2001-Final.html>
      i don't think 2002 is finalized yert