Re: Correcting an incorrect assertion. Was: Re: delegationmechanism...

karl's initial request was for unlimited access (fine) AND ability to release without limit any material he saw fit. ICANN responded with a procedure to protect confidentiality. Karl never took advantage of that (others did) but instead sued. I would note that his position as to access/release changed, at least as I understand it, after the suit was filed.

Vint

At 06:28 PM 8/1/2002 -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
>vint,
>
>so tell me, vint.  maybe i am bit slow here, but.  as icann is a
>shepherd of the public trust, other than personnel data, which are
>obviously confidential, why is icann not fiscally and procedurally
>transparent?  why did there need to be any of this pool-pah in the
>first place?  was there a critical shortage of controversy?
>
>randy

Vint Cerf
SVP Architecture & Technology
WorldCom