RE: Polkit/Consolekit cancer stick?

yes it isn't udev dropping hall was lead to believe it was . But udev if you do have consolekit it does look for it and nothing to disable it.

But as far as modem please stop the bull about platforms that use polkit/consolkit/pam as superior and modern . Thats not true its another way and nothing more. There are many of us that are quit happy and still could have a modern desktop like we did with the last "POLITCAL CORRECT" kde 4.3.5. Thats worked as it should. The fact is it still should be able to But The lact of respect for other platforms of linux seems to be gone now. Just like doing ck-list-session. there are other cammads to see whos on w for one ps <options> and more so Its really useless to us(consolekit). There is more proof by just googling of the constant problems and guaranteed breakage with Pam and all it parts Policykit(what ever flavor)/Consolekit. Even if you disabled pam the fact is that Consolekit doesn't work well with out it , which doesn't surprise me at all.

Polkit-1: even when you pick shadow pam=no but it wants to have pam in the helper section. So that is a definate bug with it. Plus it would need to poke at consolekit. But honestly I'd rather not have that cancer on my system and shouldn't have to to have things work. "ConsoleKit  is a framework for . defining"  just incase you say it doesn't do authentication , it does take control since it is defining how things should go and not letting it be shadow in complete control.
Fact is this one Authentication theme has become the dominating one and its sad and extremely disappointing. Just makes Linux look as horrible as microsoft now
Anyway I'm just going to email :polkit-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx