RE: Polkit/Consolekit cancer stick?

I had given the specifics:
1) kde 4 has moved to using polkit for authentication and the reason they say is because of udev .
2) Udev is dropping hal and using polkit.
3) Polkit requires Consolekit and pam.  Some one made a patch for that . But it still wants Consolekit which is just as bad as Pam.
4) As far as distros, so far all since last year they are just as stuck as I am .
5) I have my own cross compiled 64 bit
6) most are trying to get polkit(no pam)patced to use shadow still consolkit etc to work
7) from the last oen here that explains more than enought of how this 1 type of authentication is making the other chioce a pain. So thats why I'm not impress\ed with the disregard to other platforms and users even if we are just a small group and a few platforms. This stuff worked but is being cut off purposely.
8)  Maybe with this --disable-extras will be the way , But I duno yet and maybe we have been lead up the garden path so to speak.

now some one said to use --disable-extras

But I have to ask if thats to udev , polkit ..  and also need to look and see what all extras its going to effect.
I know it mail to udev but its all part of it as far as I know. Right now I'm using the udev-151
with hal-0.5.14  (--disable-policy-kit  --disable-console-kit) thats always been disabled and hope I never have too :)

anyway I have to work on my van so I wont be able to ask Martin Pitt a few questions till tomorrow .