Re: New option "Use custom quality settings" for JPEG files

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:34:05 +0300, Alexander Rabtchevich <alexander.v.rabtchevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> Raphaël, I would object to removal of DCT method settings switch. Make a > simple but clear test case - open any file from RAW and save it with > 100% quality, 1x1,1x1,1x1 subsampling and integer vs float DCT method. > Then open two resulted files as 2 layers, subtract, flatten and [...]
I never claimed that the 3 DCT methods provide the same results.  Butsince all current computers execute this step in almost the same time,it does not make much sense to present this option to the user if wecan instead always default to the most accurate method (i.e., the bestquality).
Unless you have a good reason to use a less accurate DCT method, I donot think that we should keep this option in the dialog.  We can stilloffer it via the PDB, though.