Re: New option "Use custom quality settings" for JPEG files

Raphaël, I would object to removal of DCT method settings switch. Make a simple but clear test case - open any file from RAW and save it with 100% quality, 1x1,1x1,1x1 subsampling and integer vs float DCT method. Then open two resulted files as 2 layers, subtract, flatten and look at the histogram. If set upper slider to 10 and medium to 5, you will see  rather significant difference between two files.The reason is to make user possible to obtain  as much quality jpg as possible if he wishes so.  Note, that the majority  of photo labs only accepts jpgs. Also if one prefer storing his images in loss format, but as qualitatively as  possibly why prevent him from doing so?
Raphaël Quinet wrote:> Sven is right to be concerned about the number of options in the JPEG> save dialog.  But as I explained in my previous message, this one is> useful so that is why I added it.  Besides the option "Force baseline> JPEG" that I removed last Friday, there are other options that could> be removed in the future:> - the choice of DCT method (integer, fast but less accurate integer,>   or floating-point) because the speed differences are not significant>   anymore,

-- With respectAlexander Rabtchevich
_______________________________________________Gimp-developer mailing listGimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer