Re: New option "Use custom quality settings" for JPEG files

Hi Raphael,
On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 23:44 +0200, Raphaël Quinet wrote:
> Since Friday, I added a new option to the JPEG save dialog: "Use> custom quality settings".  If some quantization tables were attached> to the image when it was loaded, then this option allows you to use> them instead of the standard ones (different quantization tables are> generated by the IJG JPEG library for each quality level).
Why do we need an option in the GUI for this? If there are quantizationtables attached and the user doesn't change the save quality, then justuse them. Or is there a real disadvantage in doing that? To me it lookslike you are asking the user a question that she is unlikely going tounderstand. And you are forcing the user to make a decision that you canbetter do for her.

Sven