Re: Difficulty finding a font file through the libraries

The project is to extract Adobe Illustrator .ai encapsulated PDF files and extract images from them. The details of the application are a layer or two above me, but my understanding is that the purpose is to save the art designers using Illustrator a few steps by automating things they would otherwise have to do themselves. Postscript is integral to the production process all the way down; that is why gs was chosen.

Thanks for the response and the reference; I did not know about Cairo. Unfortunately in this case it isn’t of use, given the larger process into which it must fit.

   -- Michael