Re: Difficulty finding a font file through the libraries

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 01:56:45 -0500, Michael Brennen wrote:

> ... it finds the font in the .ttf file, NOT the .ttf.orig file. The
> difference is that in this configuration gs does not go through FC to
> find the fonts.

OK, so the problem lies somewhere in the Fontconfig setup, but only
when running that Ghostscript installation. Therefore there must be
something different in how Fontconfig is configured when running
Ghostscript. Environment variables in Apache?

> The difficulty is that there is a *lot* going on
> in those files, and trying to gain some idea of what they do is not
> trivial.

Yes. And we need to do this while reproducing the problem--that is,
running Ghostscript and watching it fail to find the .ttf file and use
.ttf.orig instead. Looking at the FC_DEBUG flags, it may be worthwhile
turning on just about everything (FC_DEBUG=8191). You may end up with a
huge logfile, but at least you can search through it to see where the
.ttf.orig name is coming from.