Re: Difficulty finding a font file through the libraries

On Thu, 28 Oct 2021 15:09:14 -0500, Michael Brennen wrote:

> ... I am not sure where to begin looking for why the FC tools find
> the original font file, but gs accessing through the FC libraries
> does not. Any suggestions what might be happening?

I don’t think Ghostscript uses Fontconfig. When I do “apt showpkg
ghostscript” on my Debian system, there is no sign of libfontconfig1 in
its dependencies, as is present for example for Inkscape.

This page <https://ghostscript.com/doc/current/Fonts.htm> describes how
Ghostscript finds its fonts. I can find no mention of Fontconfig there.
Instead, you have to manage a “Fontmap” file.

Looking at my installed Ghostscript package under Debian, I see a
directory called “/etc/ghostscript/fontmap.d/”. I think this is where
you place Fontmap-type files.

Is there a per-user directory as well? Don’t know ...