Re: Difficulty finding a font file through the libraries

Thanks very much for the response. I had in mind to add that this is on a CentOS 7 system, but was focused on getting other details right and forgot.

The production script runs as apache; there is no local fontconfig directory. I ran the process with sudo -u apache, and it has the same result: the font is found in the .ttf.orig file.

fc-match running as either root or apache finds the font in both files, and it lists the .ttf file first.

The gs output follows; perhaps someone will see something useful.

Querying operating system for font files...
DEBUG: FC_WEIGHT didn't match
**** Warning: glyf overlaps cmap, truncating.
**** Warning: glyf overlaps cmap, truncating.
**** Warning: glyf overlaps cmap, truncating.
**** Warning: glyf overlaps cmap, truncating.
**** Warning: glyf overlaps cmap, truncating.
Can't find (or can't open) font file /usr/share/ghostscript/Resource/Font/MoongladeDEMO-Regular.
Can't find (or can't open) font file MoongladeDEMO-Regular.
Page 2
Can't find (or can't open) font file /usr/share/ghostscript/Resource/Font/MoongladeDEMO-Regular.
Can't find (or can't open) font file MoongladeDEMO-Regular.

I will be happy to provide other info or run tests as needed. I don’t know how fontconfig relates file names to font names, so I am not sure where to look.

   -- Michael