Re: Next steps for a reproducible Fontconfig?

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 5:35 PM Keith Packard <keithp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Alexander Larsson <alexander.larsson@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > As I said in an earlier email, it needs to be in the individual dir
> > elements, because a global salt is not right.
>
> Do you want it in the <dir> elements directly? That would be more
> straightforward in many ways and could avoid troubles with separate salt
> declarations that take effect more broadly than one directory.
>
> So, one file (generated at flatpak creation time) with
>
>         <dir salt="random bits">/usr/share/fonts</dir>
>         <dir>/run/host/fonts</dir>
>
> and another (generated at runtime) with
>
>         <remap-dir as-path="/usr/share/fonts">/run/host/fonts</remap-dir>
>
> Presumably you will mask all host configured font paths somehow? Maybe
> you need to be able to inherit the 'salt' value from the host (if set)?
> If so, we could have:
>
>         <remap-dir as-path="/usr/share/fonts" salt="host salt for /usr/share/fonts">/run/host/fonts</remap-dir>

Yeah, I agree with it. Having a salt in dir and remap-dir would
flexibly works I think.
Though, given that there are no salt in host, we just need to have a
salt for dirs inside sandbox only. so salt shouldn't be needed for
remap-dir in this case.

Also if host dirs are available as is on sandbox like Alex concerned,
we could simply have:

    <dir>/opt/fonts</dir>

--
Akira TAGOH